Instagram now has more than 1 billion monthly active users, just as experts estimated it would by the end of 2018. That’s more than three times the monthly active users of Twitter and while it is now trailing WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger users, 1 billion users is nothing to be ashamed of. Website Hosting Rating
Instagram is currently the fastest growing social media site. This provides a great opportunity for entrepreneurs looking to grow their brand. In order to use this, or any platform for that manner, one should be sure that the audience you are looking for may be found there.
So, who is on Instagram? And what are they doing there? Here are some recent figures to put you in the picture:
- 1 billion monthly active users (June 2018)
- 500 million plus users active every day
- 4.2 billion likes every day
- 400 million stories every day
- 60% of users log in daily (second only to Facebook)
- 100million+ photos uploaded every day
- 50 billion photos have been shared on Instagram
- Video posts have highest engagement (38% higher than images)
- Average number of likes on an Instagram post is 1261.
- 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook
- 55% of online adults use Instagram
- 69% of users are younger than 35 years of age
- User base has grown by more than 300% over the last couple of years.